HOW WE CARE
Vivienne O’Connor is a slow fashion brand focused on creating occasion wear for women that is both stylish and sustainable
How are we being sustainable?
We carefully source our fabrics from ethical fabric mills in Europe, with the majority coming from a small family-owned mill in Italy. Our other fabrics are made in England and France.
- At the core of our brand is a commitment to working exclusively with fabric mills that have been awarded sustainability certifications, such as OEKO-Tex, PEF and GOTS among others.
- Our garments are never massed-produced and only made on order, ensuring there is as little fabric waste as possible.
- We strategically cut the garments to reduce fabric waste as much as possible.
- Any leftover fabric is offered to customers, so, for example, they can arrange to have a matching headpiece made.
- We make as many garments as possible in Ireland to reduce our carbon footprint from transportation.
- Recycled products are used wherever possible, which currently includes our packaging, buttons, labels and swings tags.
What makes us a slow fashion brand?
- Our designs are timeless and not defined by seasons.
- We focus on quality rather than trends.
- We create our garments using premium fabrics, meaning they can last a lifetime if cared for properly.